Large group dental plan purchasers can now choose SmileWay® Wellness benefits with their Delta Dental PPOSM plan. The benefits (effective as soon as January 1, 2017) are for patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis or stroke.
Eligible patients must self-enroll through their online Delta Dental account. SmileWay Wellness benefits include 100% coverage for these services:
- One periodontal scaling and root planing procedure per quadrant (D4341 or D4342) each calendar or contract year, and
- Four of the following (any combination) each calendar or contract year:
- Prophylaxis (D1110 or D1120)
- Periodontal maintenance (D4910)
- Scaling in presence of moderate or severe gingival inflammation (D4346)
These benefits are subject to the patient’s annual maximum, deductible and periodontal benefit provisions, if applicable, and Delta Dental’s periodontal processing policies. Check patients’ benefits by logging in and using “Eligibility & Benefits.”