Intel Corporation is implementing a risk-based approach to dental care. Starting January 1, 2018, its Delta Dental PPOSM plan will cover one exam per calendar year for adults at low risk for oral health problems.
Two exams per calendar year will be covered for children to age 14 and high-risk adults, including those who have had restorative, endodontic or periodontal treatment within the last three years. If we receive a claim for a second annual exam, we’ll check the patient’s treatment history to determine risk level and apply the appropriate benefit.
Your Intel patients will continue to be covered for either two annual cleanings or up to four cleanings for patients with certain periodontal or chronic conditions.
Log in at deltadentalins.com and use Provider Tools for:
- Detailed benefits information (“My Patients” or “Eligibility & Benefits”)
- Services provided for the patient on claims we’ve processed from any dentist (“Treatment History”)
- Free real-time claims (“Submit Claim”)
- Intel group number: 05178
- Payer number for electronic claims and pre-treatment estimates: 77777