Our Delta Dental Community Care Foundation was exceptionally active in 2017. Foundation grants totaled more than $9.2 million, including the following:
- $1 million for disaster and emergency relief efforts
- A new, state-of-the-art mobile dental clinic bus for PennSmiles, the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine’s community program, allowing supervised dental students to treat thousands of children in the Philadelphia area
- America’s ToothFairy: National Children’s Oral Health Foundation®, supporting oral health services and education in Los Angeles County and New York
- Mission of Mercy events in Florida, Maryland and Texas
- Dental student scholarships
The Delta Dental Community Care Foundation is our philanthropic branch that provides grants to nonprofit community clinics and health care programs that strive to improve oral health for underserved children and adults through treatment and education.
Our group of Delta Dental member companies includes Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental Insurance Company, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and affiliates. We are part of a group of companies under common management that collectively cover 36 million people in 15 states plus the District of Columbia.