Are you a Medicare Advantage dentist? If so, it’s time to complete your required annual General Compliance and Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) training. But getting certified means more than just completing the training.
Do I need to get certified?
You need to be certified if you’re a Medicare Advantage contracted dentist with any of the following companies:
- Delta Dental of California – CA
- Delta Dental of the District of Columbia – DC
- Delta Dental of Pennsylvania – PA & MD
- Delta Dental of West Virginia, Inc. – WV
- Delta Dental of Delaware, Inc. – DE
- Delta Dental of New York, Inc. – NY
- Delta Dental Insurance Company – AL, DC, FL, GA, LA, MS, MT, NV, TX and UT
What do I need besides training to get certified?
In addition to completing the FWA training, you’re required to have a written ethics guide and code of business conduct in place for your practice. To meet this requirement, you can incorporate a copy of Delta Dental’s Ethics Guide (PDF) in your practice.
What are my next steps?
- If you’ve already completed your FWA and met the ethics guide requirements, just complete the required attestation.
- If you still need to complete the FWA training, don’t forget to also incorporate Delta Dental’s Fraud in Federal Health Care Programs guide into your training. You’ll also need to complete the required attestation.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.