Are you a Medicare Advantage dentist? If so, remember to complete your annual General Compliance and Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) training. This training is a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requirement that allows you to participate in the Medicare Advantage network.
Who needs to complete this training?
You need to complete this training if you’re a Medicare Advantage contracted dentist with any of the following companies:
- Delta Dental of California – CA
- Delta Dental of the District of Columbia – DC
- Delta Dental of Pennsylvania – PA & MD
- Delta Dental of West Virginia, Inc. – WV
- Delta Dental of Delaware, Inc. – DE
- Delta Dental of New York, Inc. – NY
- Delta Dental Insurance Company – AL, DC, FL, GA, LA, MS, MT, NV, TX and UT
Your training must be completed within 90 days of joining the network and then once annually.
What do I need to do to be compliant?
In addition to completing the FWA training, you’re required to have a written ethics guide and code of business conduct in place for your practice. To meet this requirement, you can incorporate a copy of Delta Dental’s Ethics Guide (PDF) into your practice guidelines.
If you still need to complete the FWA training, don’t forget to also incorporate Delta Dental’s Fraud in Federal Health Care Programs guide into your training.
For additional Medicare Advantage compliance and training information, see Delta Dental’s trainings and events for dentists.