If your practice uses paperless services, congratulations! You’ve taken a major step toward streamlining your office and helping the environment.
If you’re still undecided, please consider the advantages you’ll enjoy with direct deposit (also called EFT – electronic funds transfer) and online claim statements:
- Access funds more quickly than with mailed checks
- Avoid lost or stolen checks
- Reduce clutter, free up storage space
- View, download, save and/or print documents anytime
- Impress patients with your eco-friendly office
It’s easy to get started:
- Review questions and answers about direct deposit.
- Register for your free, secure Provider Tools account (each person in the practice who will use Provider Tools should obtain an account).
- Log in and select EFT and ERA. Review the instructions for EFT.
- Complete the registration process for direct deposit.
In addition, if you work with a clearinghouse to transmit electronic claims, you can:
- Choose ERA (electronic remittance advice) from any or all the carriers you work with by signing up with your clearinghouse.
- Or, for ERA just from Delta Dental, log in, select EFT and ERA, and follow the instructions for ERA.